Inspired Images

Inspired Images

Thursday, August 1, 2013

SALE and Q & A with the Author

A Beautiful Fate, book one in the series is on sale now in celebration of A Broken Fate's release on August 26th. A Beautiful Fate will be .99 all month long in August. Follow the links below to get your copy today.
 
 
 
Obsessive and driven by nightmares, Ava Baio is uprooted from her Chicago home after the untimely and tragic death of her loving mother. Taken across country by her antagonistic grandmother and placed as a boarding student at a school in Dana Point, California, Ava struggles with isolation and the loss of her mother and her grandfather. Faced with having left her beloved brownstone behind and attending a new school, surrounded by new faces and unfamiliar scenery, she finds herself sorting through unfamiliar and uncharted feelings with a strange and beautiful boy, Ari – a modern day Adonis. After an unconventional start to their relationship, Ava becomes intensely absorbed by her love for Ari, and with his help and the help of his family, she discovers who she really is – a Fate descended from Atropos. She learns that the Greek mythology she grew up reading is not comprised of myth after all.

Ava faces constant challenges both in her relationship with Ari and with the fact that she is being hunted by six threatening and ruthless men who want nothing more than for her to die so that they can live forever. She has no choice but to stand up for those she has come to love. In doing so, she becomes something she hates, a killer.

A true page-turner, A Beautiful Fate is Part One of The Beautiful Fate Series. The novel is full of suspense, romance and the allure of ancient Greece. Ava and Ari will leave the reader hoping the story will never end.

 


Q & A With the author!

Q - Cat, A Beautiful Fate is your first published novel. Where did you get the inspiration for a story involving Greek Mythology?

A - I have always been attracted to the idea of mythology. So many stories we know and love today have been inspired by the myths told so long ago. As a child, I always secretly wished that those stories were true; that The Fates and Adonis were real. “A Beautiful Fate” is just my idea of where these deities’ offspring would be today.

Q - Have you always wanted to be an author?

A- Maybe. I think I have always enjoyed writing- more appropriately, I have always enjoyed telling myself stories. I find that I tell small stories to myself while I am trying to fall asleep at night or while waiting at the DMV. I create characters and I let these characters tell me where they came from and what they do. Ava was one of those characters that I just couldn’t get to stop talking. I started writing Ava’s story on paper one day and once 12 notebooks were full, I moved on to my laptop, once two books were complete she kept talking and is now giving me the dirty details in book 3.

Q - In reading A Beautiful Fate, it seems that music plays an important role in your life. What musical artist inspire you, and do you listen to music while you write?

A- Music plays a role in every aspect of my life. It always has. I love all kinds of sounds and styles. Some of my all-time favorite bands and artists include Beatrice Martin of Coeur De Pirate, I think Thom Yorke is fantastic, I enjoy a Nirvana song any day of the week as well as Foo Fighters and Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam. Most recently, I have been consumed with Of Monsters and Men. They speak to my soul. Their lyrics hold great stories for me.

Q - In what ways, if any, are you like your characters in A Beautiful Fate?

A - Hmmm. I think I may be a bit like Ava. People who know me and have read the books certainly say they see her in my personality. I think Ava and I share the same type of heart; one where we feel and love deeply but we can stand tall and keep our emotions at bay when needed.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment