Inspired Images

Inspired Images

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Review: Luckiest Girl Alive By Jessica Knoll

 

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
          
3 out of 5 stars
Ani is difficult to like - too much talk about body image, superiority and her desire to be so much better than anyone she meets. Barf. Ani’s relationship with Luke seemed borderline irrelevant to the rest of the story and in a way, their relationship details became filler. I understood Ani’s struggles so I forgave her for some of her faults as an adult. The storyline had some holes and that bothers me to no end. I hate flaws in a story line, but it was entertaining nonetheless. The writing was solid – Jessica Knoll is clever but I think this could have been much better than what it was. Again, I am having issues with publishers stacking too much weight on average books making them much bigger than what they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment